Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thoughts from the new mum

A friend had asked me in an sms whether i was a super cool mum or the kan chiong type. Well, I thought i was a super cool cucumber mum until last evening when Isaac seemed to be crying non-stop for quite a while (doesn't help as he has quite big lungs!!). Then I got a little kan chiong and nearly cried myself in perplexity. But things soon calmed down, thanks to help from my mum...apparantly his diaper was full of shit making him very uncomfortable! Well, i think his reaction is typical of anyone who finds himself in deep shit (!) ;)

At first I was a little stressed, not so much over Isaac, but more of Yuan Liang because he was trying to be this "super-on" papa. He was reading up about everything and then worrying about this and that...rushing through his dinner so that he can quickly go into the room and watch over Isaac...and waking up with me everytime Isaac needs his night feed!! As a result, he became super tired, and made me worry about whether he would be alert enough to drive to work each morning! But now he has become a bit cooler, so thats good and i have one less person to worry about! But really, I wanna' thank God for him for being such an involved father and loving husband!! :)

Anyhow, its been a time of adaptation, after the elation and relief of Isaac finally joining us. The late night feedings were a bit siong at first, but i guess we kind of got used to it now...

And then there is this whole breastfeeding thingamy that i am trying to understand. The good news is that i seem to be overflowing with milk and can satisfy his hunger (he's got a huge appetite!). The bad news is the "overflowing" bit (well, i don't think i need to explain further...). Somehow, I need to learn how to try and send the right signals to my brain to request for a lower level of milk production!! Any mother out there with any tips to share? =)

Oh oh....i hear him making his little noise again....time for yet another feed!! ciao for now...

No comments: