Sunday, November 20, 2005

Still labouring. :)

Last night, we had planned to go to church this morning if we are not already in the hospital.

However, I think the excitement of the day before (being told by Gyne that we are in labour) got the better of us and we woke up real late. I also felt some menses-like cramps and so thought that perhaps we had better packed our hospital bag and be on standby.

Thereafter, we went about very much like before. Had lunch, went out to my parents' place and went to YL's parents' place for dinner.

For the whole day, the contractions were still PAINLESS and I thought pretty much mild, so much so that I got used to them and very much ignored them! That in itself could present a problem, as I have no idea if they were getting closer in between. It really takes lots of discipline under these circumstances, to monitor the contractions.

Then we were wondering if there is any decrease in fetal movements. Thats also quite difficult as after a while, I got rather confused between fetal movements and contractions. But the little one did give me a few big kicks now and then to tell me that he is ok.

At 9pm, we were contemplating on going to KKH's labour ward for checkups to see if they can tell us if I am further dilated (beyond the 2cm that we were told yesterday). After a long discussion, we decided to put things on hold, as we are really not in any distress.

We prayed together, thanking God for His grace so far (the painless contractions) and asked that He would give us very obvious signals to indicate when we should proceed to the hospital.

YL is imagining that there would be something dramatic happening at night, either the water bag breaking or I would get much more intense (but still painless!) contractions, and then we could rush ourselves to the hospital....well, we'll see.... :)

No comments: