Saturday, November 05, 2005

Big Baby!

Went to our gyne, Dr Benjamine Tham, at AMK's KK Women's Clinic for our 37th week checkup today.

The queue was so long at the clinic that it really felt somewhat like a supermarket with kids swinging around chairs, etc, and the nurses, pharmacist and cashier calling out the names of patients, trying to compete with the voices of the screaming kids....quite amusing!

It finally got to our turn to go into Dr Tham's consultation room, and in his usual chirpy and charming voice, he asked "How're you and your darling doing today??"... After all the procedural question and chatting, we finally got to YL's favourite activity, going onto the ultrasound machine (so that he can wave and say "hi" to Isaac!).

Dr Tham was measuring Isaac at various positions to estimate how much he might be weighing....To his astonishment, he proclaimed that Isaac had grown lots since the last time (3 weeks ago) he measured him (at 2.2kg). He said that based on the measurements, the conservative estimate of Isaac's weight is 3kg, and said that the ideal weight for a baby to come out naturally should be around 3.2kg.

So I was ordered to stop taking in any tonic, ice-cream and french fries (sob sob!!), not to take too much rice, noodles nor bread!! In my mind i was wondering what then can i eat??? :(

But I also feel that Isaac has grown heavier. Its not so much how my tummy look (cos it still looks pretty compact to me and i am still pretty mobile!), but that i can feel him weighing me down when i sleep at night, if i happen to lay on my back.

According to Dr Tham and the ultrasound machine, Isaac has apparantly began to prepare himself for the big landing, having shifted his position. His head and hands are now on the right side of my tummy, and his legs on the left side of my tummy. No wonder, I felt the little boy gave me a really strong kick at the left side of my tummy yesterday, making me nearly double-over in pain (its the first painful kick that he gave!). Also, now we can really see the obvious movements of his legs on the left side of my tummy...

Oh dear....YL just told me that I need to go on a diet!! sob!

=)

No comments: