Friday, September 02, 2005

cough cough

Have contracted this irritating cough.

My throat is full of phlegm and i am constantly trying to get rid of it. Worse still, the phlegm accumulates and comes down to tickle my throat whenever i lie down on bed, causing me to get into a coughing fit. This added to the difficulties of me trying to fall asleep, despite pilling up pillows under my head.

As it was, it was already rather difficult to find a comfortable position to lie down with the growing tummy. Everytime i try out an "innovative" position while lying on the side of the stomache and if it seemed to obstruct the tummy a little, i would find Bambino nudging me from within in protest! He certainly loves his space!

Anyhow, back to the cough. We are avoiding taking any medication for fear that it may negatively affect Bambino. So have been taking the chinese herbal syrap Chuan Pei Pi Pa Gao, elderflower drinks, as well as self-brewed "chrysanthemum cum Luo Han Guo" drink hoping that they would be of help. I think this is going to be a really slow healing process. Praying that God will somehow speed it up!

Meanwhile, am hoping that Bambino wouldn't think that he is going through an earthquake everytime i get into a coughing frenzy!! :)

p/s [updates]: A medical doctor friend of ours has advised me to stop taking milk, cold water and orange juice (anything acidic). He also informed us that Chlorpheniramine has been found suitable for pregnant women suffering from my condition. We happened to find some of these tablets in our medical box and having taken it, I found it rather helpful in drying out the drips from my nasal passage to my throat, thereby reducing my cough and giving me better sleep... Cheers M! :)

p/s/s [further updates] : Just realised that whilst Chlorpheniramine seems to work in drying out the drips from my nasal passage, its also giving me some mild diarrhea... Well, I'm either mildly allergic to it, or it may be because the tablets that we've got might have been outdated (afterall, we brought them over with us 3 years ago when we first came over to London)... Whatever the case might be, I've decided to stop taking it... So, its back to relying just on prayers for full healing...!

4 comments:

Linda said...

hope u get better!!

The Lims said...

thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to know that everything is going smoothly...ok, almost everything. Do take care of your cough...I was told that honey lemon would work too!

The Lims said...

Hi Reg!! Love those lemon honey drinks...it did soothe the throat a little...cheers! :)