Thursday, September 08, 2005

just before the viva...

Just prayed for YL and kissed him goodbye, as he sets off to school for his viva.

He had a restless night. Though tired, his heart and mind were so "pumped up" with the excitement of the day's event ahead, that the poor chap found great difficulties falling asleep! In the middle of the night, when I flipped my body over on the bed to face him after getting a restful sleep on one side, he gently whispered to me, "I still can't sleep...".

I opened one of my eyes to look at him, and then took a look at the clock, and realised its already 4am in the morning! I got up and made him a nice malt Horlick to hopefully warm him up and help him to sleep. He drank it gratefully and we got back to bed again. I told him to wake me up if he still couldn't sleep. Thankfully, when my eyes winked open (temporarily) at 6.30am this morning, I heard that reassuring sound of his breathe inhaling and exhaling, knowing that he did eventually fall asleep.

He woke up at about 7.15am. I asked him if he did catch some rest, and he said that he prob fell asleep at about 4.30am. So that gave him slightly less than 3 hours rest. He made his own breakfast, surf the net for a while before washing up. I got up thereafter to help him dress in his formal suit and tie...before eventually snapping a photo to commemorate the "Before viva" moment.

After seeing him off at the door, I sat down and thought about the events...what would it be like to see off Isaac when he goes off to take his first examination in a few years time? Would he be as excited and somewhat anxious as his father? I smiled, and drank my morning beverage. :)



Prior to the viva: Forcing a smile after a sleepless night...

No comments: