Tuesday, September 13, 2005

29+week GP checkup

Had my 29+ week checkup today...Just realised that this is also my last midwife checkup in UK before we fly back to Singapore for good!!

Everything is fine (as usual, the midwives commented that i have a really active baby...) except that there was some concern over the urine sample that i had provided. The midwife decided to send the sample for further test. I think the concern was that I might be having some urinary tract infection, which is apparantly rather common in later stages of pregnancies.

According to the book What to expect when you are expecting:
"UTIs are so common in pregnancy that 10 percent of pregnant women can expect to develop at least one, and those who have already had one have a 1 in 3 chance of an encore! ... This occurs more often in the last trimester and can lead to preterm labor."

Whatever the case, I am not too worried at the moment. Gonna' pray that God will heal me of it, and am gonna' drink loads of water and cranberry juice to flush out the bacteria. Well, this also means that I will be heading off towards the toilet even more often!! :P

No comments: