Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Psalm 139


For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

(Psalm 139:13-16)

I always make it a point to read and meditate through the whole of Psalm 139 from the bible on my birthday. Verse 13-15 provides the beautiful imagery of God as a skilled and thoughtful craftsman at work. He had painstakingly created me as one of his masterpieces 31 years ago, and is in the midst of creating and developing Bambino in my womb as another of his masterpiece!

The psalm too celebrates God's plans for us and his comforting presence and fellowship with us as we walk our lives. Till this day, the master craftsman continues to mould me (mending all the dents that I have inflicted upon my character!) to become what He intended me to be.

I like how the psalm ends:

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

(Psalm 139:23-24)

As me and YL prepare ourselves for parenthood, may God help us to deal with any anxieties, knowing that He is faithful and will guide us to be good parents to Bambino, and in the process better appreciate the love of God as a Father to us.

p/s: Thanks YL for the three sunflowers (he says, "one to symbolise me, one to symbolise you and one to symbolise Bambino!") and the special meal of yummy vietnamese beef pho that you'd created...! Thanks Dad and Mum for sending me the birthday e-cards, one from you guys and one on behalf of Bambino!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to Sze........
Happy birthday to you!

Your optimism and faith in God is an inspiration to me!

Love & God bless. cuz xx

The Lims said...

cheers cuz!! lets continue to inspire one another in the Good Lord! :)