Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Food Cravings

I've mentioned before that thankfully I didn't have much food cravings as a result of the pregnancy, because most of the food that I would crave for can only be found back home in Singapore! (e.g. durian, chilli crab, dried mee pok, etc...)

But then again, I thought I will document down some of the food that I've subconciously developed an inclination for and would and could keep eating them again and again whilst in London during this period of time:

a) Breakfast Milk (from Jersey and Guernsey herds)
- Since young, I've really dislike freshmilk and often have to mix it with honey to give it a sweeter taste and less "raw feel"... this was until we discovered this brand of breakfast milk that YL would buy from Waitrose. The description on the label describes the milk as "The champagne of milks! Breakfast Milk comes from fully traceable, pure bred herds of Jersey and Guernsey cows and is naturally high in calcium and protein..."

b) Ben & Jerry Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
- Loved it, loving it...

c) Loh Bak
- I keep making this at home for dinner (nearly once every week!)...Loh Bak (pork cook in dark sauce and various chinese spices in pressure cooker till really tender) with tao pok, chinese mushrooms, and whole hardboiled eggs.... yum!! Thankfully YL loves the gravy and doesn't mind eating it for dinner every other week!

d) Xiao Long Bao (小龙包)
- I've been craving for this for a long time, and thanks to my dear gourmet cousin Aileen who's also here in London, I've been recommended this restaurant in Chinatown called The Chinese Experience, which is apparantly one of the best place in London to get authentic hot steamy Xiao Long Bao. Ate it last friday with her, and it was most yummy, each bao retaining much of its soupy juice within. Yum!! 1 basket (8 pieces) of Xiao Long Bao costs GBP5.80 though. Yep, its not cheap, but now i've got its 10% discount card...yay!!

e) Clementines
- The bags of small easy-to-peel clementines that we get from Waitrose are refreshingly sweet, bursting with juice and full of vitamin C and folic acid. I've been consuming at least 4 of these clementines daily!

f) Vietnamese Pho
- Have craved this for a long time (especially the ones from Cay Tre and Song Que 'cos of their really delicious broth) but still haven't had time to get there... must go soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm mentioned in your bambino blog! cuz (who is obviously catching up on many posts)