Sunday, August 21, 2005

Backache

Suddenly had a very bad backache today... will elaborate more later...

We collected a cool orange Kia car from Budget Car Rental, having rented it for a whole week. YL planned to relax for the week ahead (having just submitted his thesis to the examination board), so decided in the spur of a moment to rent a car so that we can spontaneously go anywhere we want!! With the luxury of a car, we decided to eat out and go grocery shopping at the Oriental City! YL wanted to buy "posh" food ingredients such as shabu shabu rib-eye beef slices as he wanted to cook a special meal for me on my birthday! I also managed to buy 4 fresh razor clams (so cheap, they were so big and fresh and cost only 4 pounds in total!) and fresh sardines, so that I can cook him a special dinner for the night.

Anyhow, he ate authentic singaporean chicken rice, whilst i ate my authentic Malaysian beef rendang nasi goreng at the big food court (probably London's closest singaporean-style foodcourt). The food was most yummy but gave me heartburnt! And worse, I suddenly developed a severe attack of backache on the way back from Oriental City. On reaching home, I just had to lie down on bed, and had great difficulties finding a comfortable position to stay still. I felt like being hammered on my back repeatedly! YL tried to give me a massage rub down on my back, but it made little difference physically. However, I was so glad emotionally to have him there to just soothe me with his presence and comfort! We just kept praying that God will quickly take the pain away.

YL was saying that seeing me like this, it really reminded him how 伟大 women are to go through such pain and discomfort in the whole child-bearing process. He then said, "When I call home tomorrow, I must remember to thank my mum for having gone through all these pain to have me!" His comments really made me smile! :)

Thank God, the pain did ease after a few hours of bed rest. I then insisted on cooking dinner despite my aching back, which resulted in a sumptuous meal of steam chilli garlic razor clams and grilled sardines! Dinner was accompanied by a live TV telecast of an awesome recital of Beethovan's Nineth Symphony (Ode to Joy) by the London Philharmonic Orchestra and Choral at the Royal Albert Hall. The endorphins released by yummy food and a wonderful piece of music further erased the pain! Praise the Lord! :)

Prayers are very important for pain relief, but endorphins created by a yummy meal may also help! :)

No comments: