Friday, August 19, 2005

I want you to appreciate laughter...

My dear Bambino,

After much thoughts and prayers, I have decided to name you Isaac because I want you to appreciate laughter. You are a miracle and a sign from God that He is faithful to His promises to me and your mummy. God will do incredible things for us and through us, so much so that people will rejoice and laugh with what will happen. (Gen 21:6)

"It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned. In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring." Romans 9:7-8. In the bible, Issac is a child of promise from God to Abraham. And you are a promise from God to me... I hadn't told your mummy this before, but I did prayed for a son as my first-born. :)

I pray that you would be joyful and bring laughter to many people.

I would love you to grow up happily and, God willing, even have a quirky sense of humour!

And so, your name shall be Issac Lim or Yitzkhak Lim, whichever you prefer to call yourself! :)

With all my love,
Daddy




p/s: Amen!! May our journeys with one another as a family and with God be always filled with much love, much joy and much laughter, in all circumstances... Love, Mummy. :)

pps: This post was posted whilst your Daddy was helping mummy to squash bananas to bake banana loaf again, closed to midnight!! Daddy loves to eat banana loaf for breakfast! :)

No comments: