Wednesday, March 23, 2005

How the possiblity dawned upon us

Saw the doctor this morning for my urinary tract infection (uti) which had been a problem disturbing me over the past week or so. Still remembered last Saturday when I had experienced acute pain on my right kidney….not funny….was very painful! YL was so worried that he wanted to call an ambulance! Luckily, 2 paracetemols did the trick to ease the pain for the night.
The doctor had asked me to do a urine test...traces of uti was found, and she prescribed me this antibiotic for the uti.

I went to Boots pharmacy to purchase the prescription. The pharmacist however warned me that I should not be taking that particular antibiotic if I am pregnant. PREGNANT???? I thought for a moment…my “that time of the month” should be anytime around these few days, but my menses is certainly not here yet. I told her I had no idea whether I am pregnant or not and she asked me to get a pregnancy test kit to test first before taking the medication. I paid for the medication anyway, quite convinced that I am not pregnant (don’t feel pregnant at all!).

But to set my mind at ease, I decided to get a pregnancy test kit. My goodness….these test kits are not cheap! 1 test kit cost 8 pounds and a set of 2 cost 11 pounds. Even though I was convinced I wasn’t pregnant, I decided to go for the 2 test kit set….more value for money mah!!

Came home with the kit and wondered what to do with it… YL called and he said to wait for him to come home before proceeding with the testing. OK, which means I have to put my antibiotic at the side for now. However, when he came home, we decided to do the test the next morning instead. I think its because deep inside we hope that it would yield a positive result, and are putting off the test so as to put off our disappointment too!