Thursday, March 24, 2005

Could it be? Or maybe not?

Woke up early in the morning to pee but thereafter decided that I needed more sleep. By the time I woke up, its 2 hours later and I decided to do the test after breakfast…

YL read out the instructions carefully, as any scientists would! If positive, there would be two pink lines (the first one being that the test is completed and the 2nd refers to the high HCG hormonal levels found which indicates pregnancy)! If negative, there will only be one pink line shown.

I peed into a container. YL then did the honors of dipping the test kit into it, cap it up and then put it on the table….We stared at it in anticipation… I was expecting only one line, but secretly hoping two.

One dark pink line shown up to show that the test is completed, and then to my disbelief, we saw another light faint pink line! But we were confused. In YL’s words, “that faint pink line is so faint that you wouldn’t take it as an additional line, yet, it is not faint enough (and is definitely a straight line in itself) for us to discredit it”!!



Hmmm...we can only conclude that its an inconclusive test!!! :(

Wondering whether to do another test, but decided that one is enough for the day.

Later that day, I “met” AK on the yahoo messenger and I recounted to her about the whole incident. Being pregnant and thus having experience in doing pregnancy tests, she quickly jumped at the conclusion and proclaimed that “it is definitely positive”!! Thereafter, I called Ros on the phone, who happened to be very pregnant with her second child and also a GP. She too was of the opinion that it is a positive result. She explained that the faint line is due to low HCG level ‘cos it is very early on in the pregnancy and also because I had already peed once before actually peeing for the test itself.

Her advice? To do another test first thing the next morning! Meanwhile, stay off the prescribed antibiotics!!

So, another wait...