Sunday, March 27, 2005

Good Friday - Deeper Understanding of its Significance

Today’s Good Friday and it’s a public holiday!

We woke up early but decided to laze in the bed. The thought of "bambino" (our tentative term for our child) obviously occupied our minds, in a nice way, perhaps also in our dreams. Given my limited biology knowledge, I asked YL where bambino is lying right now…he pointed to the area just below my naval button, and I gently put my hand protectively over it. Its difficult to imagine and even express how I felt. The nestling feel that is inate within every woman around our age (the desire to bear children) has been far surpassed by this protective and motherly feel. I think that I have already began to bond with bambino...

YL told me that he once dreamt (even before we got attached) that we were happily together walking down a park and in that dream, I was pregnant! Its awesome, to think that the dream he had so many years ago had come to pass. I just stared at him. It is quite magical. When I look at him now, he is not just my husband, but the father of the life that I am carrying within me. And when he look at me now, he sees not just his wife, but the life that she is carrying….the life that we had both created in God’s timing. Its really quite a magical feel. I felt so blessed, so happy, lying next to the man I love and carrying the fruit of our love.

YL gave me a good rub-down message on my aching back (not sure if the aches got to do with the pregnancy) and it felt really good…Hmmm, wondering if I should still go for the famous massage in Hanoi in Apr now that I am pregnant?

YL called Melvyn and Pastor David Ong in Singapore to share the good news and also to solicit their prayers with us. They were happy for us and Pastor David advised YL to take especially good care of me as it is our first child…YL was telling me that he would have taken good care of me whether I am expecting a child or not! Sigh, sometimes my hubby takes words from other people too literally!

We attended Good Friday communion service at Ros and Dave’s place this morning. It was a powerful communion. The word from John 3:16 came to both YL and my mind individually during the service. YL was so touched by worship that he even felt like crying…I actually heard the sniffles coming from him! We both agreed later that this was one of the most powerful good Friday service that we had attended, perhaps due to the work that the good Lord is doing within us. We were expecting a child. And being a step closer to parenthood, we could actually feel the pain that God must have felt (infinitely more) when He gave up his Son, Jesus Christ as a sacrifice to save us from our sins. He had loved us THAT MUCH!


Whilst toasting hot-cross buns, Ros asked me how it has been for me (referring to the pregnancy) over the past few days. I told her that I had felt sudden periods of fatigue, and also kept having to go to the toilet to pee. I said that the constant need for peeing might have to do with the antibiotics treatment for the UTI….and she said that it shouldn’t be, as the antibiotics only kills the bacteria. She thinks its got to do with the pregnancy and smugly told me “welcome to your next 10 months as a pregnant mum”!!

No comments: