Monday, December 12, 2005

Postnatal Massage

Had the first of my one-week postnatal malay home-massage today from this gentle lady called Aunty Sue. One should really not judge a book by its cover. Although Aunty Sue seems rather small-built, her arms are really powerful!! She massaged me with lemon grass oil and as she massages, she would be on a keen lookout for all the expanded veins (due to pregnancy) on my body and tackle each one of them with her skillful massages to contract them. Also, her massages supposedly expel out any "wind" in the body so that the body relaxes and would not feel bloated.

I thoroughly enjoyed every of the 2 hour long message session. I find that it really relaxes me and at the same time serves as a much appreciated form of "escapade" from tending to Isaac. During each 2 hour session, my lovely mum would tend to Isaac, with my bottled expressed milk on standby to feed the hungry baby!). With the radio on my fav radio station (Classic FM), I would just lie on the bed (and at times shuttle in and out of dreamland), allowing Aunty Sue's strong yet gentle hands to tackle every of my tired muscle.

Aunty Sue would really massage me from the top of my head to the tip of my toes (literally!). And at the end of each massage, she would wrap my tummy tightly round and round with a very long piece of clothe, so that hopefully at the end of the week, my postnatal tummy would look much less flabby and more lean!! :)

No comments: