Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sze returns to work...

Technically, my last day of maternity leave ought to be on 12 Feb (also the last day of CNY 06). However, I've been recalled back to work a workday earlier (start work on 10 Feb) due to some exigencies of service.

I was so busy the whole day, but the little one was definitely still on my mind. I took time to call mum to check if Isaac was behaving well and more importantly, whether the milk which i had expressed the day before was sufficent for the growing boy with a huge appetite! Thank God that I had some frozen packs of milk in the freezer to meet his needs!

Back in the office, lots of people were commenting that I seemed to have quickly regained my pre-pregnancy "look", and some even feel that I had become even slimmer...haha...praise God for pants with vertical stripes!

My friend Jo, who was our office "breastfeeding activist", came to inspect my workstation cubicle to ensure that it would be conducive for me to express milk. She also offered lots of practical tips on the issue of breastfeeding and work. I was thankful to my colleague Lynn who had earlier passed me her "curtain" to secure over the entrance of my cubicle when it was time for me to express. At first, I was a little shy about expressing milk at work, but given the support from the various mothers-at-work, i soon got over it and got down to milking myself every 3-hourly...

:)

No comments: